About This Course
In this course you will learn the process of turning ideas into technical solutions. Early learners often need to learn context and the big ideas of a process before diving into the advanced details, and that's exactly what you'll get in this course. You'll build upon your own idea for an app as you learn the process of conducting market research, user-centered design, and front-end web development. By the end of the course, you will have a user-centered design, wireframes and specification for a web app, along with a front-end user interface built with HTML and CSS.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe how software is used to solve problems
- Define application requirements based on user research
- Design effective products using Human Centered Design
- Employ Visual Studio Code and web browser tools in the development of web pages
- Learn the basics of how the Internet works
- Explore various prototyping techniques following industry standard design principles
- Develop basic HTML and CSS webpages
Please Note: Learners who successfully complete this course can earn a CloudSwyft digital certificate and skill badge - these are detailed, secure and blockchain authenticated credentials that profile the knowledge and skills you’ve acquired in this course.
What you'll learn
- Solving problems with technology
- Human-centered design
- HTML basics
- CSS basics
Module 1 – Designing Technical Products
Module 2 – Intro to Web Development
Module 3 – Building Webpages with HTML
Module 4 – Styling Webpages with CSS
Meet the instructor
Bre'Ana Deen is a Content Developer at Microsoft Learning. She has a degree in Computer Science from Georgia Tech and started her career at Microsoft as a software engineer. Her passion for teaching led her to Microsoft Learning where she focuses on computer science courses for new programmers. She also teaches computer science at a local high school outside of work.